Sunday, October 29, 2017

Christmas Tunes - Merry & Bright

I am still loving the Christmas Tunes stamp set. I was sitting in my craft space and looked down at this stamp and immediately thought stained glass. This is what I came up with.


I stamped on a transparency like you would run through a laser printer. One that is created to withstand the heat of a laser printer will not curl when it is heat embossed. I used black pigment ink and clear embossing powder. I think cut around the image and colored from behind using ShinHan Markers. The top of the transparency is sandwitched between the White Daisy card base and the Beary Christmas layer. I did not stamp behind the window so the stamped image is easier to see.

I had not planned to have the Beary Christmas watercolor paper behind the green embossed paper, but my Internet was flaky and my green paper cut wonky. The embossing and watercolor layer are to hid that. Since I did not have a larger piece of watercolor paper to use the window out, I cut strips and folded the ends on a 45 degree angle to miter the corners to try to make it look neater.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
Despite my card not turning out like I pictured in my mind's eye, I hope you like my stained glass card.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.