Sunday, August 27, 2017

School Year with Jack Paper

You might notice this photo on rotation when you visit my Consultant Website during August. This is what the CTMH Corporate Artists created using the August SOTM School Year with the Jack Paper Packet.


This artwork is in addition the artwork published in Seasonal Expressions 2. The Corporate Artists created this layout, two cards and a gift tag perfect for a teacher.

The recipes, in case you would like to create something similar, are:


Please click on the image if it is too small to read; if you would like a PDF of the recipes, you will find it here.

The tag is similar to (uses the same shape as) the Mother's Day Tag that was created with Tea-rrific and Dreamin' Big Paper in March 2017.

I made my tag a bit different. I made it taller (3") and narrower (2"). I also cut the dovetailed banners using the Cricut though I think one or both would look great cut from Glitter Paper or Shimmer Trim for the thinner strip.


I ran out of the red Jack paper so I used Ruby Cardstock and used the Buffalo Plaid Embossing Folder (the folder debuts in the Holiday Expressions Idea Book which goes live on September 1) to emboss the cardstock. I sanded the embossed surfaces to add a bit more character.

All supplies I used to create this card are from Close To My Heart:
  • My Acrylix™ stamp sets: August 2017 SOTM School Year Stamp Set (S1707)
  • Jack Paper Packet (X7222B)
  • 12" X 12" Cardstock: White Daisy (1385), Ruby (X5965)
  • Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pads: Juniper (Z2865)
  • adhesives: Adhesive Runner (Z3372), Thin 3-D Foam Tape (Z2060)
  • Embossing Folder: Buffalo Plaid (Z4032) ― the link will work on September 1
  • Baker's Twine Neutral Assortment (Z1701) - retired; White Twine (Z3216) would work nicely too
  • Close To My Heart Cricut® Collection: Artbooking Physical Cartridge (Z3169):
    • Small Tag ― #M466C7 ― page 83 ― height 2½" ― Shift+Photo Mat 1 <TeamWork>
    • Circle ― #M46F6E ― page 83 ― height 1¾" ― Shift+Border <TeamWork>
    • Nursery Layout ― #MB15FE ― page 85 ― height X" - Shift+ <Sweet> ― optional
    • Make a Wish ― #M58178 ― page 87 ― height X" - Shift+ <Wish> ― optional
  • Close To My Heart Cricut® Collection: Here For You Physical Cartridge (Z3389) or Digital Collection/no cartridge (Z3387)
    • Alphabet ― I had to perform some tricks in the iPad app to use the letter h (used hide contour to hide the letter o); Cricut support is aware of the problem with the letters b and h and the number 1; hopefully they will have the issue fixed soon
  • A Design Space file with all of the cuts for the artwork featured in the photo above can be found here ― you will need Artbooking and Flower Market linked to your account; this file uses the alphabet from Flower Market so you start working right away
  • Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cricut® Design Space, Cricut® Explore, Cuttlebug; Pilot Precise V7 Rolling Ball Fine Point (this fits into the pen carriage without an adapter)
I still plan to share recipes from April and May, but due to time constraints I think I will skip the step of creating artwork. You will find posts for March, June and July when you look back at earlier blog posts. I hope you enjoy these additional projects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.