Saturday, July 15, 2017

Swirly Seashells Sympathy Card

Sympathy Cards. We hate to send them, but I believe they bring comfort to the family of those who have departed Earth. Unfortunately I know this from first hand experience. I never knew how much the simple gesture of sending a card meant to someone until my father died. Every card, call and email I received during that difficult time still means a lot to me. I still have all of the cards I received when my father died in February. I know this is true for other people too because I recently heard Shivan Sarna, a host on HSN, mention this on the last craft day. She said she still has the cards she received when her mother passed.

Unfortunately I needed to send a few sympathy cards in the month of July and the month is not half over. This is one of the first cards I created.


You may notice the style of card is similar to the birthday card I created for our neighbor Florence and posted earlier this month. Instead of a finished size of 5½" tall x 5"wide, I altered the cutting measurements so the completed card is 5½" tall x 4¼" wide and will fit in a standard A2 (4⅜" x 5¾") envelope.


This design reminds me of a Z-fold card on its side with the strip moved to the center, but I am not sure if that is where the inspiration came from. I found this card design in the Facebook Group CTMH Artwork; Melissa Sandidge created a card, shared measurement and credited Gail Vought for the design.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
I will share the measurements for this modified card in a future blog post. I hope the recipient of this card has a little comfort knowing that I and many other people are thinking of them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.