Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Prickly Pear Thank You

Last weekend I shared a card using the background stamping technique. That card was created with the Storybook Alphabet. Today's card has the background stamping technique, but this time it was created with a word stamp.


I stamped the word thanks using the 30° angle. To help line up my stamping. I used a CutterPillar Glow Premium light pad. The self-healing cutting mat has measurement and degree lines on it and is translucent enough to let the light come through the mat, a piece of copy paper (to keep the mat from becoming an inky mess) and the White Daisy cardstock. I do not receive any compensation for saying nice things about this product; I saw a Facebook video demonstrating this product at the Craft and Hobby Show that took place in Phoenix, AZ last January and knew this was a tool that I would purchase as soon as I found it available (I should have waited because I saw it for a lower price at a different store).

BTW, I did not use the light pad on the background stamped card I posted on the weekend. I neglected to say it, but I used the We R Memory Keepers Precision Press on that card. Again, I do not get any compensation for saying this: I like that tool, but it does not have the degree lines and because I was lining up my cardstock based on the grid on the base (hoping I kept the angle the same) I got ink everywhere since I could not put scrap paper down.

All supplies I used to create this card are from Close To My Heart:
This card should be in someone's mailbox today. I hope it was a bright spot in their day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.