Thursday, July 27, 2017

Exotic Flower Thank You

Stampaganza 2017 only lasts a few more days–until July 31–and the Exotic Flower stamp was brought back just for for Stampaganza. I was inspired to make a Thank You card using Exotic Flower when someone asked me about this card I created for the Seasonal Expressions 2 Blog Hop in April 2015 and shared again last week.



I stamped the image using six different Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pads. Then I fussy cut around some of the images and layered them using Thin 3-D Foam Tape. I believe they call this a form of decoupage in Europe.


I used the same technique for this latest card, but with colors from Prickly Pear. The inks from the bottom layer to top are: Emerald, Blossom, Sea Glass, Sorbet, Lemon and Poppy.

Here is a close-up of the card layers. Five of the layers were added with Thin 3-D Foam Tape. this card takes a little extra care and time to put in the envelope, but it still fits in a standard envelope. When I mailed it I put the layers facing the back of the envelope so the postal machinery has a flat surface to read on the envelope front, cancel the stamp and add the bar code at the bottom of the envelope.


Supplies I used to create this card are:
The card should have arrived at its destination in yesterday's mail. I really hope the recipient likes it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.